To be of service in providing safe and supported living in homes geared towards intervention, harm reduction and relapse prevention for youth in care who require Specialized Recovery Programming.
What We Believe
Most youth are ambivalent about abstaining from substances, let alone abstaining for life this is normal. At this age, the concept of “recovery” can be overwhelming. While a young person may be experiencing the positive effect of a detox or stay in treatment, many young people in early recovery may erroneously assume that they will be able to return to some level of substance use again without harm. Living in a recovery community may be the first opportunity these individuals have to experience the positive aspects of life in recovery.
The ultimate goal for our youth is the creation of a new code of behavior and a healthier outlook on themselves and others with the aid of these strategies:
- Harm Reduction
- Relapse Prevention
- Reducing the incidence of abusive consumption of drugs and alcohol
- Assisting youth with concurrent disorders or mental health challenges to access appropriate care
- Crisis support
- Peer group support
- Using 12 Step and CBT modalities as treatment options
- Enhancing cultural and spiritual identity
- Incorporating Land Based Therapy into individual treatment plans